Welcome to Apryl. We are happy that your employer is giving you the opportunity to use our Apryl Benefits. Most of our services are provided through our Members Portal. In the following we provide information on what you need to be aware of in this regard. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.1 The following terms and conditions (hereinafter “T&Cs”) shall apply between Apryl GmbH, Dircksenstr. 47, 10178 Berlin (phone: +49 178 3375743, e-mail: email@example.com, hereinafter „Apryl“) and all eligible employees of Apryl’s partner companies (hereinafter “Employer”) for the use of Apryl’s services with the purpose of planning individual fertility and family-forming treatments (hereinafter “Apryl Benefits”), which are made available mainly within a web-based platform at https://member.apryl.co/ (hereinafter “Members Portal”).
1.2 The eligible employees will be determined by the respective Employer. Apryl has no influence on this. In the following, eligible employees will be referred to as “Aspiring Members” or “Eligible Members” depending on their respective period of employment. The respective status is communicated for the first time during the registration process and can be checked at any time via the Members Portal. Unless otherwise stated in these T&Cs, the benefits described in section 2 can also be accessed by the respective partners of the Aspiring Members and Eligible Members. Partners within the scope of these T&Cs are persons who fulfil the following requirements (hereinafter “Partners”):
1.3 Conclusion of the User Agreement: In order to be able to use the Apryl Benefits, Aspiring Members and Eligible Members have to confirm being aware of the applicability of these T&Cs and create a user profile using their work e-mail address and by specifying a secure password that must consist of at least twelve (12) characters (hereinafter “Member Account”). By doing so, the respective Aspiring Member or Eligible Member enters into a contract with Apryl for the use of the Apryl Benefits including the Members Portal (hereinafter “User Agreement”)
2.1 Apryl guides Aspiring Members and Eligible Members and their Partners in planning individual fertility and family-forming treatments, informs them about services offered by fertility clinics, adoption agencies and other service providers offering corresponding services and/or products (collectively “Service Providers”) and assists them in communicating with the respective Service Providers and in organizational matters. Apryl does not itself provide medical treatment, care, diagnosis and/or other health counselling, but informs Aspiring Members and Eligible Members and their Partners in a neutral manner, so that they always decide on their own which services from Service Providers they would like to use. Aspiring Members and Eligible Members receive the “Apryl Members Benefits Guide” from their Employer, which contains, among other things, more detailed information on the eligible Service Providers and the services for which Eligible Members may seek reimbursement within the framework of the Apryl Benefits (hereinafter “Benefits Guide”). Medical and/or health-related questions should always be addressed to medical professionals. The costs of the Service Providers, insofar as they are eligible for reimbursement, may be reimbursed to Eligible Members in the form of a net wage offset within the scope of a budget set by the Eligible Member’s Employer in accordance with section 3.2. of these T&Cs. The budget provided by the Employer may be considered additional income and therefore may constitute a taxable benefit. This may affect the amount of an Eligible Member’s income reported on their tax return at the end of the year and generate a tax liability that each Eligible Member should take into account.
2.2 Members Portal: The Members Portal intended to be used exclusively by Aspiring Members and Eligible Members contains in particular the following contents and functions:
(1) a personalised Member Account per Aspiring Member and Eligible Member, including where applicable the amount of the budget (still) available to an respective Eligible Member,
(2) information on fertility and family-forming treatments as well as corresponding services and products,
(3) an online booking platform for arranging free, individual counselling sessions with the Apryl Care Team according to availability.
Change of service: Apryl is not obliged to provide certain functionalities or a certain appearance of the Members Portal beyond the aforementioned content and basic functions, but may design and continuously redesign it at its own discretion. In doing so, Apryl shall take into account the legitimate interests of Aspiring Members and Eligible Members in each case.
2.3 Free of charge: The use of the Apryl Benefits and the Members Portal is free of charge for Aspiring Members and Eligible Members. This does not apply to the services of the Service Providers utilized. In this respect, section 3.2. applies.
3.1 General obligation when providing information: Aspiring Members and Eligible Members undertake to only provide Apryl with information (a) which exclusively concerns them or (b) – if information (also) concerns Partners and/or other third parties – which the respective Aspiring Member or Eligible Member has been authorised to disclose by the third parties concerned in each case.
3.2 Requirements for Eligible Members regarding the use of the budget:
(1) Advance payments: Eligible services must first be paid in advance by Eligible Members in their own name or that of the respective Partner.
(2) Verification: The respective costs must then be documented to Apryl via the Members Portal by submitting the corresponding invoice from the Service Provider and/or other documents that clearly show the eligible services provided. The verification must be made within sixty (60) days from the respective service provision or – when purchasing products and/or in the case of an advance payment for cryopreservation (storage costs) – from the date of invoicing. This shall not apply if, prior to the expiry of the sixty (60) days, the Eligible Member’s period of employment has ended and/or the User Agreement ends for other reasons pursuant to sections 5 and 6. In this case, the verification must be provided before the end of the User Agreement. Verification provided at a later date can no longer be taken into account for a net wage offset.
(3) Notifications from the health insurance company: In addition, any notifications from the health insurance company of Eligible Members and/or their Partners concerning the coverage or refusal of coverage of the respective Service Provider’s costs must be communicated to Apryl via the Members Portal.
(4) No other reimbursement: The use of the budget depends always on the fact that the costs for the eligible services have not already been or will not be reimbursed by other means. Should an Eligible Member and/or their Partner receive payment for costs already reimbursed or still to be reimbursed under Apryl Benefits, the Eligible Member undertakes to inform Apryl of this immediately, at the latest within fourteen (14) days of the reimbursement being made. If such other reimbursement takes place after payment of the (pro rata) budget by way of net wage offset, the respective Eligible Member shall retrospectively lose its payment claim against its Employer in the corresponding amount. Apryl will then inform the respective Eligible Member whether, and if so, in what amount the Eligible Member must make repayments to their respective Employer or whether other compensation is possible.
(5) Obligation in the event of disputes with the Service Provider: If a Service Provider’s performance and/or its costs are legally challenged by an Eligible Member and/or their Partner against the respective Service Provider, the Eligible Member shall inform Apryl of this without delay, at the latest within fourteen (14) of the notification to the Service Provider, and of the outcome of the dispute. In the case of reimbursements, section 3.2. (4) shall apply accordingly.
(6) Obligation to provide truthful information: Only truthful information and verification (see section 3.2. (2)) may be provided. Apryl points out that in the event of a breach of this obligation to provide truthful information, the respective Eligible Member loses their entitlement to net wage offset within the scope of the budget towards their Employer and payments already made can be reclaimed by the respective Employer. The same applies in the case of a breach by Partners. Furthermore, such a breach may trigger claims for damages by Apryl and/or the respective Employer and/or be subject to criminal prosecution. Apryl reserves the right to disable access to the Members Portal for the respective Eligible Member for the period of time until the suspicion of such a violation is rebutted.
3.3 Special obligations when using the Members Portal; rights of use
(1) Access data used within the context of the Member Account, including the password, must be kept secret and must not be made accessible to unauthorised third parties. Aspiring Members and Eligible Members may also not provide unauthorised third parties with access to the Members Portal in any other way. If there is a suspicion that third parties have accessed and/or will access the Member Account, the concerned Aspiring Member or Eligible Member shall inform Apryl of this and change the password immediately.
(2) Aspiring Members and Eligible Members shall be granted the non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable right, limited to the duration of the User Agreement, to use the content and functions offered on the Members Portal exclusively for private and non-commercial purposes. Unauthorised use includes, in particular, the commercial dissemination as well as public distribution and/or other public display – in particular via social media – of the contents offered on the Members Portal as well as of excerpts or parts of these contents.
(3) Aspiring Members and Eligible Members shall use the Members Portal in a manner that does not impair, overload or damage it and does not jeopardise or circumvent the purpose pursued with the functions and content of the Members Portal. They will not circumvent or alter Apryl’s security measures, either themselves or through third parties. They shall not misuse the Members Portal, in particular by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. They must not gain unauthorised access to the server on which the Members Portal is stored or to any server, computer or database connected to the Members Portal, including attempting to do so. Aspiring Members and Eligible Members must not attack the Members Portal via a denial of service attack or a distributed denial of service attack.
4.1 With the exception of unlimited liability under the Product Liability Act and due to injury to life, limb or health and in the case of intent and negligence, Apryl’s liability is limited as follows:
4.2 In case of negligence, Apryl’s liability is limited to compensation for the typical foreseeable damage within the scope of this User Agreement, the occurrence of which Apryl had to expect at the time of conclusion of the User Agreement due to the circumstances known at that time. In the case of slight negligence, however, Apryl is only liable if Apryl has breached an obligation which endangers the purpose of the User Agreement or the fulfilment of which makes the proper execution of this User Agreement possible in the first place and on the observance of which Aspiring Members and/or Eligible Members and/or their Partners may rely.
4.3 Apryl shall also not be liable for malfunctions of the Members Portal as a result of data transmission on the internet for which Apryl is not responsible and which impede or prevent the use of internet-based services.
4.4 The limitations stated in the above sections 4.1 till 4.3 also apply in favor of Apryl’s legal representatives and vicarious agents if claims are asserted directly against them.
4.5 The responsibility for the medical treatment of Aspiring and Eligible Members and/or their Partners is borne exclusively by the respective Service Provider and/or the responsible persons as well as any vicarious agents commissioned by the Service Provider. Apryl is not involved in the treatment of the Service Providers. The same applies to other services and/or products provided by Service Providers.
5.1 The duration of this User Agreement shall be indefinite, but dependent in terms of time on (1) the start and end date of employment of each Aspiring Member and Eligible Member as communicated by the respective Employer, which cannot be influenced by Apryl, and (2) the duration of the cooperation agreement between Apryl and the respective Employer, the end of which the Employer will inform the respective Aspiring Members and Eligible Members about. After the end of an Aspiring Member’s or Eligible Member’s employment and/or after the end of the cooperation agreement’s contract term, the Aspiring Members and Eligible Members concerned can no longer access the Members Portal.
5.2 Eligible Members may claim reimbursement of eligible services (1) as long as (a) the provision of the service, (b) the time of purchase of a product and/or (c) – in the case of advance payments for cryopreservation (storage costs) – the invoicing takes place before the end of their employment and the status as Eligible Members and/or prior to the end of the cooperation agreement’s contract term and (2) the verification pursuant to section 3.2 (2) is provided in due time.
6.1 Aspiring Members’ and Eligible Members’ right of termination: Aspiring Members and Eligible Members may terminate the User Agreement vis-à-vis Apryl at any time by deleting their respective Member Account. In this case, Apryl’s obligation to perform under these T&Cs and the respective Aspiring Member’s or Eligible Member’s claim of net wage offset for eligible services vis-à-vis the respective Employer shall also be void.
6.2 Apryl’s right to terminate for cause: Apryl may terminate the User Agreement for good cause, in particular if an obligation under these T&Cs has been breached and (a) the breach of obligation has not been remedied even after the expiry of a deadline set for remedial action or after an unsuccessful warning or (b) Apryl can no longer reasonably be expected to adhere to the User Agreement considering the interests of both parties.
8.1 Contractual language: The contractual language shall be English. Communication between the contracting parties shall be in German or English.
8.2 Contract text: Aspiring Members and Eligible Members may download and store the current version of these T&Cs at any time at https://apryl.co/terms-members/. For evidence purposes, Apryl also stores the respective contract text, which can be transmitted to Aspiring Members and Eligible Members upon request at Apryl.
8.3 Amendments to these T&Cs: Apryl may propose an amendment to these T&Cs to Aspiring Members and Eligible Members at any time if this is necessary to adapt to changing circumstances beyond Apryl’s control (in particular legislative changes and difficulties in the execution of the User Agreement that were unforeseeable at the time the agreement was concluded) and if the amendment is reasonable for Aspiring Members and/or Eligible Members. Amendments to these T&Cs shall be offered to Aspiring Members and Eligible Members in text form (e.g. by e-mail) no later than thirty (30) days before their proposed effective date. Aspiring Members and/or Eligible Members shall be deemed to have given their approval if they do not notify Apryl in text form of their rejection prior to the proposed date of entry into force of the amendments. If Aspiring Members and Eligible Members do not agree with the changes, they may exercise their right to terminate the User Agreement at any time until the proposed date of the changes taking effect (section 6.1). In Apryl’s message with which the changes are offered, Apryl shall also specifically point out to Aspiring Members and Eligible Members once again the right of rejection, the period for this and the possibility of termination. The amended T&Cs shall be published at https://apryl.co/terms-members/. In case an Aspiring Member or Eligible Member declares their rejection to the changes in due time and if it is no longer reasonable for Apryl to continue the User Agreement with the respective Aspiring Member or Eligible Member on the basis of the previous T&Cs, Apryl shall have the right to terminate the contract for good cause according to section 6.2.
8.4 Applicable law: The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply insofar as the protection granted is not deprived by mandatory provisions of the law of the state in which the respective Aspiring Member and/or Eligible Member and/or their Partner has their habitual residence.
Version: June 2021